Sunday, January 15, 2012

Paleo Week 2 DONE! & a Recipe

Day 14: We slept in today so I didn't actually eat "breakfast" until about 12:00. So I only ate 2 meals again today. 

Breakfast: 3 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 2 baby bellas (added maybe an extra tsp of bacon fat) & 3 slices from a red pummelo.
Matt and I (mostly Matt) made the BEST dinner tonight! I wish I was still hungry right now just so I could eat more.  I'll give you a "sort of" recipe the best I can. My husband doesn't do recipes so I had to try and just watch to see what he put in.
We used 6 boneless chicken thighs (cut up) and put some of those spices on them in a bowl.  Spices: cinnamon, garam masala, paprika, ground cumin, red curry powder & garlic powder.
 Not pictured: I cooked half a head of cauliflower in 2 tbsp of butter with some sea salt.

Left: added 1 cup full fat plain yogurt to the chicken in the bowl. Right: poured bowl contents into pan with cauliflower, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2/3 of a 6oz can of tomato paste, 1/2 cup "tomato gravy" (pureed tomatoes with salt, pepper & bacon fat), 2/3 of a 13.5oz can of coconut milk.
 I have no idea how much of those spices Matt added. He doesn't measure, just keeps pouring things in and tasting. :)
Dinner: bowl of chicken tikka masala & 8oz red wine.
I did eat a couple more squares of 85% cocoa dark organic chocolate. :)


Day 14 Nutrition Facts:
Fat: 54.2 grams 58%
Carbs: 36.6 grams 17%
Protein: 52.1 grams 25%

No comments:

Post a Comment